Wednesday 5 June 2013

FDM Workbench Installation MDAC Error

I recently installed the FDM Workbench client and at around 75% of the installer I encountered two errors:

One warning to say system files were being overwritten and I would need to insert the installation disk.

One error saying MDAC 2.8 cannot be installed on this operating system:



If I clicked the X on the MDAC error the whole PC restarted itself.

The solution is to run the installer again and when the errors appear this time just leave the error boxes open.

Wait a little while until the installer reaches around 83%. Then kill the process "msiexec".

The installer will complete successfully.

The installation file that failed is "C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\FinancialDataQuality\SharedComponents\MergeModules\HyperionFDMMergeModules.msi".

You can just manually run this file to ensure the installation is complete!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, from where did you download Workbench client. I want to install it on my client machine but cannot find from where to download installation

    ReplyDelete